Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management (Formerly SITM), a constituent of Symbiosis International University (SIU) is a business school based in Pune, Maharashtra, India, established in the year 1996. It is the pioneer in the field of Telecom Management in the entire SAARC region, and endeavours to develop World-Class Telecom Business Leaders who can address the needs of a constantly changing business scenario in a technical field, such as telecom, with ease. The institute was established in 1996 following National Telecom Policy and liberalization in this sector.
With its vision to promote international understanding through quality education, SIDTM (Formerly SITM) offers a two-year full-time program with three specializations namely Systems and Finance, Marketing and Finance and, Analytics and Finance
SIDTM has always been ranked amongst top MBA institutes in India.
- 2021 – 4th in Pune, 11th in West Zone, 33rd Overall Rank, and 20th in the Top Private B-School by The Week
- 2020: Ranked 11th in the top private B-School in West Zone, Top 21st in India by The Week and Ranked 9th in the West Zone and 13th Top Eminent Private B-School of Super Excellence by GHRDC
- 2019: Ranked 10th in top private B -School in West Zone by The Week
- 2018: Ranked 11th in top private B -School in West Zone by The Week
- 2017: Telecom Lead Tech Institute Award in July 2017
- 2016: SITM ranked 9th in by CSR in the category of B School of Eminence
- 2015: Best B-Schools for Eminence in India (Competition Success Review)
- 2015: National Award for Excellence in Telecom (World CSR day & Stars of the Industry Group)
- 2014: Top B-Schools for Excellence in India (Competition Success Review)
- 2012: Best Domain-Specific B-School (Bloomberg – UTV)
To guide and usher the telecom industry into the next wave of growth, the Government of India 2018 announced the National Digital Communications Policy (NDCP) which was earlier known as National Telecom Policy. According to the NDCP, Digital India is already unfolding. India’s digital profile and footprint are one of the fastest-growing in the world. With over a billion mobile phones and digital identities and half a billion internet users, India’s mobile data consumption is already the highest in the world. At the current pace of digitization and digitalization, it is estimated that India’s digital economy will grow with rapid speed. In view of the changes in this ecosystem and the changes in policy, the institute name is changed from Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management to Symbiosis Institute of Digital and Telecom Management and the program now offered is M.B.A. in Digital and Telecom Management.
At SIDTM, we focus on Digital and Telecom management. The curriculum consists of core management subjects and is applied to digital technology management through case studies. “Technology Management” courses include business or managerial aspects of digital, telecom, and information communication technologies and also emerging areas such as Analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), Financial Technologies, Smart devices, Cloud Infrastructure, Data center, Cybersecurity, Mobile applications, Digital Marketing, and Blockchain, etc.
The focus area of the institute is to develop Telecom, ICT and digital technology Business Leaders who will lead and manage the ever-changing technology and business environment. SIDTM has over 2600+ alumni who are making their mark in the industry as Business and Technical Consultants, Network Managers, Project Leaders, Business Development Managers to name a few. Many of our senior alumni are holding senior management positions such as CEO, Director, Vice President, Head of business units and functional areas, Country Managers, and Entrepreneurs. Apart from the telecom sector, alumni are contributing to the Digital Technologies domain cutting across industries and sectors such as Media and entertainment, Banking, Consulting, Fintech, IT and ITES, etc. A sizeable number of alumni are working for large MNCs and are based in various regions across the globe.