Summer School and Winter School
The students of SIDTM (Formerly SITM) are encouraged to participate in Summer School and Winter School of various foreign universities and Institutes. The benefits to the students include international exposure, credit transfer, peer learning from international students and fraternity.
Students have to apply for Summer and Winter school. The choice destinations in the last few years have been “Telecom Ecole De Management” (TEM- Winter and Summer School), France, “Berlin School of Economics”, Germany (Summer School) and International Summer School “Hochschule Bremen”, Germany (Summer school) etc.
Summer School activity is carried out during the summer (in the month of July) and winter (in the month of December) of the year. In the last 5 years about 49+ students have benefited from this activity. This is a credit transfer program. For credit transfer: after attending Summer school /Winter school the students earn credits from foreign universities, which are transferred to SIDTM (Formerly SITM), so they get waiver/exemption from a few courses at SIDTM (Formerly SITM) (Subject to approval from SIU).
They interact with international students who are in pursuing programmes in management and are also exposed to different cultures during their stay abroad. The students visiting also have industrial visits and one of the highlights of TEM school is a visit to ITU (International Telecommunication Union), the Global body for the shared global radio spectrum, cooperation in assigning satellite orbits, telecommunication infrastructure etc.
Semester Exchange Program
SIDTM (Formerly SITM) encourages students for semester exchange program with designated Universities and Institutes in foreign countries. We have an arrangement with Telecom Ecole De Management, France, for Semester exchange program. The student will have credits exchanged with TEM for the subjects aligned in the semester with the present curriculum at SIDTM (Formerly SITM). The students will then get a credit transfer of courses in Sem. IV from TEM to SIDTM (Formerly SITM). Semester exchange program is offered subject to SIU approval.
- Session delivered by Dr. Suresh Borkar delivered on understanding the paradigms in the 5G as anticipated new-gen technology. The nuances and services that will be soon delivered and be available to the world matters to the industry for the delivery. Dr. Borkar has been a senior faculty member and Chairperson, Industry relations in the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) department at Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech.), Chicago, since 2006. He is President of Telek Solutions, a knowledge share company. He was also a Senior Principal Investigator with Roberson and Associates, a technology and management company based in Chicago. Before 2006, he was associated with AT&T/Alcatel-Lucent technologies, now Nokia Systems, in senior technical and management roles since 1980. He was the Managing Director and Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Tata Lucent JV and Lucent India Inc., responsible for guiding Lucent Technologies Telecom’s business success in India. He was also the Director for Customer Management for 3G/4G Wireless systems
- Session delivery by Dr. Norris Krueger on Entrepreneurship to the student participants of Batch 2019-21 and 2020-22 between 15th Feb to 19th Mar 2021. The sessions were enthusiastically delivered and resulted in dynamic interactions among participants. Dr. Norris and the students explored how to create an entrepreneurial mindset adjusted to the new dynamic business challenges and how important ideas and innovation are within the digital domain. Norris F. Krueger, Jr., Ph.D. renowned Professor and Senior Researcher with 21K citations, for a session for Entrepreneurship. Name of University: Ohio State University.
- A Session was delivered by Mr. Shashi Tripathi, Partner sales Manager, Google India Pvt. Ltd, on Business Innovation through cloud during COVID in times in August 2020.
- A Session was delivered by Mr. Manoj Mittal, as the Digital Transformation Officer with Blue Rose Technologies Pvt. Ltd.; he spoke about Digital transformation through blockchain disrupting banks & financial institutions and various intermediaries in Aug 2020.
- A Session delivered by Mr. Gopal Jangir, Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young Global Limited, on Data-driven decision making in April 2021
- A Session was delivered by Ms. R. Chockaligam, Head- Supply Chain Process for Reporting and Compliance, Airtel Africa. He spoke about Governance and Compliance in April 2021.
There are more lectures on various topics that are discussed during the academic year.
Dr. Norris Kruger
Dr. Suresh Borkar
Faculty Delivering Sessions
- A session was delivered by our faculty Dr. Saikat Gochhait at the Indonesia Management Association forum online. The Indonesia Marketing Association is an organization that focuses on developing marketing activities in Indonesia. During this corona outbreak, we held a webinar and business sharing with the theme of ‘Leading Your Business in Corona Virus Crisis-Insight from Other Countries’. This event will invite entrepreneurs, academic experts, and business professionals who are members of the IMA organization in all parts -based on the recommendation of Dr. Andi Nur Baumassepe, held on 8th May 2020.
- Dr. Tarun Singhal took about 10 Sessions in his two visits abroad 2017 & 2018
- Dr. Trupti Dhote conducted about 6 Sessions in her 2 Visits abroad in 2017 & 2018
- Dr. Saikat G conducted about 8 Sessions in his three visits abroad in 2018, 2018 & 2019
- in SCES Think Tank E-Symposium: India-Sweden Innovation Partnership was in a Webinar was conducted on 19th Feb 2021 by SCES Student Think Tank highlighting how an Innovative Partnership between Sweden and India could Co-Create 17 students attended the Future. It gave the students information on the R&D distribution by Sweden on the Business sector, public sector and national and international financers.
International Study Tour
SIDTM (Formerly SITM) had conducted an international study tour of four days of Executive MBA students of Westford University College Sharjah. This study tour was organized from October 2017 to Oct 2019 for seven batches at SIDTM (Formerly SITM) had conducted Business Analytics and Research Methodology classes for a delegation of Executive MBA. Two hundred twenty-one (221) students attended the session at SIDTM. The participants were from 26 countries.
|6. Iran||15.Saudi Arabia||24.Ukrainian|
|7. Iraq||16.Sierra Leonean||25.Yemen|
|9. Lebanon||18.Sri Lankan|