Eligibility and Reservation of Seats
- Graduate from any recognized University / Institution of National Importance with minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes).
- Programmes which require specific discipline/ subject specialization need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
- A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
- Evaluation Division of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) issues equivalence certificate for foreign degrees/qualifications.
The contact details are as below:
Association of Indian Universities
AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg
(Kotla Marg), Landmark: Opposite National Bal
Bhawan, Near I.T.O., New Delhi-110002, India
Tel. No.+91-11-23230059; 23232429; 23232305
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.aiuweb.org
Note: It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications / eligibility for admission. Having been admitted provisionally does not mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility of admission will be decided by Symbiosis International University.
As per the UGC Regulations, following will be the reservation policy for admission to any program of Institutes of SIU (Except Symbiosis Institutes of Management Studies, which has separate policy #)
- Within Sanctioned Intake
- Scheduled Caste (SC):15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST):7.5%
- Differently Abled *:3%
- Children/wards of Defence Personnel : 5% *
The definition for Children / Wards of Defence Personnel is:
The term Defence Personnel would mean only those serving / retired Defence personnel from Army, Navy, Air Force. Retired defence personnel are those who fall in the category of ex-servicemen as laid down in Ministry of Defence letter no 36035/5/85- Estt (SCT) dated 14 April 1987. It includes children of defence personnel who died while in service or after retirement.
Note:- If a candidate chooses to apply under “Children / Wards of Defence Personnel” category for any one of the programmes mentioned above, and subsequently if he/she chooses to apply for any / all of the remaining programmes mentioned above, he / she will be treated under the same category (i.e. Children / Wards of Defence Personnel)”
- Over & Above Intake
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per program
- International Candidates:15%
Candidates applying from categories other than Open Category are required to submit valid supporting document (s) at the time of GE-PIWAT (if shortlisted).
Differently Abled Category (DAC) at SIU
In compliance to Govt. Directives on disability guidelines issued by the office of the Chief Commissioner for persons with disabilities vide Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment New Delhi notification no. 16-18/97 on dated 01 June 2001 and University Grants Commission Notification No. F.6-1/2006 (CPP-II/SCT) dated 30/09/2009, SIU has made provision of reserving 3% seats for Differently Abled Category (DAC) students in all the Constituent Institutes of SIU.
The types of disabilities covered are:-
- Vision Impairment
- Hearing Impairment
- Locomotors Disabilities
- Mental Retardation
- Multiple Disabilities
All candidates claiming admission under DAC will be provisionally admitted under the said category. Thereafter, the candidate will be required to obtain an ‘Authentication Certificate’ from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) within one month of commencement of the program. SCHC will check validity of documents produced by the candidates and verify the continued existence and extent of the disability.